Thursday, October 21, 2010

Update and New Product Discussion (Archer Farms Freeze Dried Strawberries)

Like I said in my earlier post, I plan to keep up this blog with discussion on how my weight loss / getting in shape is coming along. At this week's weigh in, I was down another 2.5 lbs. I'm very happy with this number as it's around what is recommended for healthy reduction in weight. I'm pretty sure that I'm also building up some muscle mass but I won't know for certain until I have a body fat text next week.

When I started this, I had one of the trainers at the gym measure my body fat and take circumference measurements around my arms, chest, waist, and thigh. Next Wednesday will be 5 weeks so I figured it would be a good time for an update. I know that the waist and thigh sizes went down since I've been able to wear some jeans that were put away a few months ago for being too small. Major Win there!

So, onto new product discussion... I wish I had a picture but I forgot to take one before I threw out the package and I can't find one online. Google and the Target website aren't helping either. Anyway, these are just what they claim to be...freeze dried strawberries. The only thing listed on the ingredient list is strawberries so there are no extra chemicals or preservatives and no added sugar. They advertise the bag as 1 serving but I've been splitting it up among bowls of oatmeal, cups of yogurt, and a snack right out of the bag. The whole bag has only 90 calories and covers 3 servings for fruit (for those keeping track with the food pyramid daily intake recommendations).

I think the bag costs around $2.50 so it is a bit on the high side for its weight but I think its worth it. The strawberries retain their sweetness and color and will be a great way to add fruit to dishes in the middle of winter when the stuff at the grocery store tastes pretty bland. If you are trying to find it, the Target stores in my area have it located with the bags of trail mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home