Sunday, October 17, 2010

No new food to report...mostly

So, as I've been told by some of my friends, I haven't updated this blog in quite some time. To be honest, I haven't been cooking much stuff that I find really inspirational and worth posting. And there is a bit of a reason why I haven't been making things like that. If you look over the blog, there are a fair number of desserts or at least not overly healthy things. That's what I really enjoy making. Unfortunately, my body doesn't agree that these are what I should be eating. It took some time, but I finally admitted to myself that I should agree.

So I've been working out much more lately and being more mindful of what I'm eating (and most importantly how much I'm eating). I've been recording everything I eaten for the past 4 weeks and it has really been an eye opener on just how much I've been overeating. Now, I'm not starving myself nor denying myself anything, but I'm just having less. I've lost some weight which is great, but what's even better is that I feel better.

I'm going to continue with the food diary for at least another 6 weeks and see how things are looking then. I hope to maintain this blog a bit more over that time. It will be good for me to share my progress and talk about how things are going.

As the title said, I did want to mention at least something food related. In this month's issue of Everyday Food there is a recipe for Roasted Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup.

The first time I made it, I followed the recipe and it turned out wonderful. For the second batch, I added a roasted red pepper to mix and blended that up to add to the soup. It was a welcome addition. One of the great things about this soup (and most soups) is that its only around 200 calories for a 2 cup serving. Its also very hearty so you feel pretty full after eating it. Oh, and its pretty cheap to make since it uses bone in chicken thighs which are usually low prices and butternnut squash which is in season right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home