Friday, October 22, 2010

Sometimes you need a pick-me-up....the 200 cal Pumpkin Spice Latte

I was out running some errands tonight (mostly going to Trader Joes...more on that over the course of the week) and was just feeling kind of blah. Eating healthier is great; and I'm seeing and feeling the changes with my body, but it can also be a bit of a downer emotionally. Sure, its great to know that I've lost weight but I also miss some of the comfort foods that I haven't had in a month. I know...everything in moderation...but for now, having foods like ice cream and pasta or pizza would not be good for me. Someday I'll get back to them with a new mindset.

So, enough about that. Like I was saying, I was out running errands and feeling kind of blah when I remembered that I saw on the Starbucks website that there is a way to have a 200 calorie Pumpkin Spice Latte. For those of you who know me, you know that I love pretty much anything pumpkin and definitely love a pumpkin spice latte. It's practically a sign of Fall for me. In past years, I'd have one of these a week if not more often. Since I've been watching what I'm eating and drinking more closely I thought that this seasonal delight was off the menu.

But, that is not the case! According to the Starbucks Website, there is a way to make it happen. Now, this isn't something to do every day, but it is a nice treat once in a while. If you get a Tall made with skim milk and leave off the whipped cream the drink is only 200 calories. And, to be honest, I don't miss the whole milk or the whipped cream. The drink is just that good.

I finished the latte on my drive home and am feeling better. Its amazing how food can mess with our mental state as much as it can, but that's something to discussed on another post I think.

So, as a once in a while treat, its well worth the calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home