Friday, November 04, 2005

Double Crusted Quiche

This again is a case of necessity/frugality leading to invention. I had a surplus of eggs and a box of pie crusts about to go bad and I didn't want to throw them out. I also didn't want to make another dessert. The simplest thing I could think of was to make another quiche. I don't know why people these are a fancy food. Quiche is one of the most simple breakfast type foods that I know how to make.

So anyway, this one has ground pork and broccoli. Since I put a top on it, I skipped the cheese. I figured there was more than enough fat in the double crusts and that cheese would not be necessary. I don't recall all the spices I used when cooking the pork but I know there was salt, pepper, onion powder, and I think basil and some other stuff. I basically went through the spice drawer and put in a bit of everything that I think sounded good. I also did an egg wash on the top on the top crust.

I baked it at 350 degrees for approximately an hour at which point the crust was golden brown. I stuck a knife in the center and no liquid seeped out which was my indicator that it was done.

Its good. I will probably have it for dinner this evening and continue snacking on it over the weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home