Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Review: McCormick Skillet Paste, Teriyaki Style

As you can see from the title, this post is a review of McCormick's new skillet pastes. In the newspaper a few weeks ago there were coupons for the paste and since the grocery store had them on sale, it was practically free. I chose to go with teriyaki over the other flavors of sweet and sour, barbecue, or country herb.

I followed the 3 step instructions on the back of the paste packet (and made some rice) and came up with the meal seen above. Since the sodium counts in the paste were on the high side I used only half of the packet and I found there to be plenty of sauce.

As for flavor I thought the sauce was pretty good. It's about equal to take out quality teriyaki. My cut of beef wasn't the highest quality and the quick cooking time didn't allow for much tenderizing; so I suggest in the future to cut the beef into smaller pieces before cooking or get a more tender cut to begin with.

It was good, it was quick. I would make it again.

And yes, that is real steam in the picture.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremiah, your recipe looked great though. Here's what I did. I cooked a chuck roast in the crock pot all day, when it was done, I took it out and put it on a plate and put it in the fridge so it would set, approximately 20 minutes. I then took it out and cubed it. Then I took a handful of Birdseye California blend frozen veggies, and a handful of Birdseye Oriental Stir fry frozen veggies and got them going in a large pan. I then added the cubed chuck roast in with the veggies. Here's where it gets good. I opened a package of the Teriyaki Beef and a package of the Sweet and Sour Chicken paste. I used maybe a tablespoon of each, mixed them together, using some warmed up broth from the chuck roast. Really, try it, its really good.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

That sounds pretty good. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I pick up a packet of the paste.

Thanks for posting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home