Monday, October 31, 2005

Pumpkin Cake


For my parent's 30th Anniversary I made them this cake. Like me, they are both big fans of pumpkin. I also made them a batch of the pumpkin cookies which I reviewed previously.

I got this cake recipe from the Kraft Foods website. I was doing a search for pumpkin recipes and when I saw this cake I knew that I had to give it a shot. If you click on the link, you will notice that the cake was supposed to be 4 layers and as you can see from the picture above, mine is only 2. I think that they used smaller cake pans since my layers did not come out thick enough to cut in half. And since I didn't have multiple layers I decided to put the whipped filling on top along with the caramel and pecans (I also toasted the pecans, the recipe didn't call for this but I think that they taste better toasted).

This was another of the "uses a boxed cake mix as a base" recipes that I love. These type of cake recipes are great because they make the preparation quick and easy. The creamy filling for the cake was a combination of cream cheese, pumpkin, powdered sugar, and cool whip; and it would make an excellent fruit and cookie dip on its own.

This cake was a true winner. This recipe takes top honors for my October posts.

As a side note, since this is now the end of October, I'm going to be putting a hold on the pumpkin theme at least until Thanksgiving. I haven't decided what I will bring to the family dinner, but its highly likely that it will contain pumpkin. I also need to take a short break from desserts at least until closer to Christmas.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

Time for acorn squash recipes.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

Send some along and I will give them a shot.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Gigamatt said...

oh. my. god.
jeremy, this sounds AWESOME.

and, if i remember, i will send some squash recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home