Monday, October 17, 2005

it ended up being breadsticks. . .

My original plan was for this to be a loaf of white bread. However during the yeast proofing process I believe my water was too hot and I killed off the yeast. The dough came together rather well but would not rise. Since I didn't want to throw the dough away I stretched it onto a cookie sheet and rubbed it with olive oil, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Then I baked it until it looked done (I honestly don't remember how long it was in the oven).

They aren't the best breadsticks but they are alright.

I learned my lesson about the temperature of the water thankfully before I started the next loaf of bread.



Post a Comment

<< Home