Thursday, September 22, 2005

Taco Lasagna

If you haven't figured it out yet, I like cooking simple things; this falls into that category. Instead of pasta like traditional lasagna, I opted for flour tortillas which cooked up really well and absorbed the extra liquid from the salsa. Since I baked the lasagna in an 8" x 8" dish, I cut the tortillas in half and let them overlap in the middle. The longest part of the prep was cooking the ground beef. I added taco seasoning to the browning meat for extra flavor.

All that was left was to layer the tortillas, beef, salsa (your favorite jar variety works fine), and cheese(I used a shredded mexican blend) in the dish and repeat. My dish was deep enough to allow 4 series of layers. Then I just had to toss it into the oven for about an hour and it was done. The only recommendation I would make for the future is to add a layer of refried beans. It wasn't necessary (and I didn't have any in the cupboards), but I think that it would be a welcome addition.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

You should review the breakfast at the Embassy Suites.

Perhaps I should have taken a photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home