Thursday, September 22, 2005

Beef and Brocolli Quiche


If you thought Taco Lasagna was easy, this dish was even easier. It makes a great breakfast dish, but could be served at any meal. It reheats well both in the microwave or oven. Some may say that I cheated by using a ready made pie crust, but I don't care. They are not that expensive and are a great time saver; and they come in their own pan.

Since I had planned on making this the day after the Taco Lasagna, I cooked up the beef for both dishes at once and took out enough for the quiche before adding the taco seasoning. If you haven't read about Taco Lasagna, I suggest you give it a look.

The rest of the dish is cooked broccoli florets (I'm not big on stems), eggs, a little milk, and cheese. Depending on how you like your crust you can prebake. I tend to like a more flaky crust so I prebaked mine. If you like it softer, you can skip that step. In a mixing bowl I combined eggs and milk (making sure everything was well blended) and added in the beef, broccoli, and a handful of cheddar cheese.

This mixture was poured into the crust, a little more cheese was sprinkled on top, and it was tossed into the oven. The baking time was about an hour. You have to make sure that its fully cooked in the center so you have to keep an eye on it and take it out when its done. If it starts to get too browned on top, just put a piece of foil over the dish.

I think the only hard part about making a quiche is making sure that it is cooked the whole way. Other than that, its so simple.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home