Monday, August 07, 2006

Zucchini Bread

I'm actually going to do something different with this post. I had my camera sitting on the counter when I started making the zucchini bread so I took a couple pictures throughout the baking process.

The bread started with this recipe. I got out all the ingredients and made sure that I had enough of everything. As you can see, I had plenty of zucchini.

Before I could get things going I had to shred the zucchini. I took one of the bigger ones and cut in half; I scooped out all of the seeds. I then put it through the food processor. I made a whole lot of shredded zucchini. The recipe only called for 2 cups, I made about 7.

So, following the rest of the recipe, I mixed the wet ingredients together in one bowl and the dry in another.

All that was left was to mix everything together. Since I had shredded 7 cups of zucchini and didn't want to make 3 batches of bread, I put all the shredded zucchini into the batter. Now, some people might think was crazy, but I had faith that it would still come together alright. The zucchini isn't that wet of a vegetable and usually holds up okay when baked and I've always put extra in when making bread. Now, I haven't ever put in 3.5 times as much as called for, but I gave it a shot anyway.

After everything was mixed together really well, I added the chopped walnuts. The batter was divided between 2 silicone bread pans and put into the oven.

The recipe said to let them bake for an hour at 350 F. I'm pretty sure they took about an hour. I tested them with a kabob stick to check them for doneness and when the stick came out clean I pulled them out of the oven. Here is the final product:

I took one into work this morning and it was gone in no time flat. Everyone said that they thought it was delicious.

So, one quick question for the few people who read this blog regularly. Did you prefer this style of post? or do you like the old way, with one picture? Comment and let me know.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is freaky because I just got a recipe for zucchini bread in my e-mail! They look great!

I like this type of post, seeing the process is always cool. Still, whatever works for you works for your loyal readers. Your posts are always great.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

Thanks Tim.

I often get wrapped up in the process and forget to take pictures along the way. Or, I remember when the food is half consumed that I should take a picture. At least this time I thought ahead.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being able to see the process, for me a novice cook, it takes away some of my nervousness when I can see that the end result of my cooking using a recipe, looks a lot like the picture! Silly, I know, but it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home