Thursday, July 20, 2006

Surf and Turf (sort of): Pepperoni Beef Balachi and Penne Pesto Scallops

So here is another Giant Eagle buy. I was over on the East side visiting with my cousin and her husband on the way back I stopped at the new Giant Eagle overlooking Valley View. The store is in a new shopping strip that looks like it will have some nice places there once everything gets opened. So anyway, back to the food. I was walking through the butcher area and some other people were buying some of the Balachi. This drew my attention to the meat and since it looked really good I got one myself. Also, just behind me, they had the bay scallops on sale. Originally I didn't plan on having both of these the same night, but I forgot that I had a work dinner last night and I had cook the balachi tonight. So anyway, I made both.

The balachi only needed to be baked. It went into a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes and it was done. For the scallops I first cooked them in some olive oil with salt and pepper until they started to turn translucent. Then I added about a half cup of store bought pesto and a whole lot of frozen and fresh basil to the pan. I let everything cook together until the penne was done. The penne then went into the pan with the scallops and everything was tossed together.

From start to finish the meal took about 30 minutes. If I had been trying hard, I could have definitely had it done in under 30. Rachel Ray might just be in for a little competition.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This and your recent posts rule. You're the man!

And now I'm hungry. We should have a drink again soon.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

Drinks would be good. Maybe next weekend.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did u prepare the balachi or stick it right in oven?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home