Friday, June 02, 2006

Kolachki from Rudy's Strudel and Bakery

Since it was a very nice night last evening, I walked to the comic book store. It wasn't that long of a walk, 15-20 minutes, and it felt good. While heading towards the shop I came across Rudy's Bakery. The bakery is right near the comic book shop and although I had seen the sign many times before, I never read the whole thing to see that it was a bakery. After buying my comics, I made a quick stop into Rudy's.

Its a small place, but very nice. They have some tables set up in case you wanted to eat your treats there and they have a few display cases showing off everything. I couldn't decide between all the choices so I opted for a variety of Kolachki. Rudy's makes kolachki in raspberry, apricot, pineapple, cheese, nut, and prune flavors. I bought a dozen (2 of each) for $2.75.

Rudy's also has a wide variety of cakes, strudels, breads, and cookies. They also make traditional polish foods like pierogies (I'll have to try them sometime) and stuffed cabbage.

I tried a few of the kolachki last night and each one was great. They were very fresh and the dough was tender and flakey. I brought the extras into work this morning to share. Everyone agreed on how good they were. I picked up a copy of their menu and I will be sure to try more of their offerings. If you are ever over in Parma on Ridge Rd. look for the maroon sign for Rudy's. I'm pretty sure you will like whatever you get.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, those look so good! I love kolachki -- my mom makes them from scratch (usually apricot -- yum!) and they've always been great comfort food for me.

You read comics? Which?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

Yup, I read comics.

As of late, I've only been buying the Transformers series by IDW.

I used to read a lot of Marvel (mostly X-Men). When I get a chance, I still like to pick up some trade paperbacks at the library.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

If I get to Cleveburg again I'll need to try this place.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

Well, since its about 4 blocks from my house, you will have to stop over as well.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

Stop over??? Hell. We'll be camping out on your floor! :-)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

I have a guest room and a couple couches. I don't think sleeping on the floor would be necessary. :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You simply have to try the pierogi. Very good indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home