Sunday, March 05, 2006

Is this Chili better??

I had a comment from Rob about the last chili that I presented here. He said that it looked too much like spaghetti sauce and not enough like chili. So, here is another batch that really looks like chili. I didn't do anything special to it and there are only 4 ingredients (minus spices). I browned some ground turkey with a lot of spices and then added it to light kidney beans, dark kidney beans, and diced tomatoes in the crock pot. Its been cooking for most of the day and smells great.

On another note, I wanted to make a comment on how easy it is to make your own chip dip. I had some company over this past weekend and I had planned on making grilled sandwiches and then just snacking on some chips. When I was asked for dip I knew that I didn't have any in the fridge so I whipped some up with sour cream and spices. I took about a cup of sour cream and added onion powder, salt, pepper, and Greek spice mix. I just mixed that all together and let it sit for a little bit and that's it. Instant chip dip.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

The chili tastes great. Its so simple and basic and the flavors meld very well.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, this chili looks good. did you dump a bunch of cheese on it?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

I did not. I just ate it with some corn bread crackers (made by Keebler and they are really good). I'm thinking of having some tonight with some mac and cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home