Monday, January 23, 2006

Meatloaf and Fingerling Potatoes


This isn't my Grandma's meatloaf nor is it my Mother's (which are both really really good), but it turned out alright. I used a combination of meats (veal, pork, and beef) which is something that neither of them do but I've seen done on television. The flavor is good, but not quite what I consider real meatloaf. I really need to pay more attention when my mom makes her's and see if there is something that mine is missing. Oh, and yes, the meatloaf is small. Since its just me I made a small one so I wouldn't have to eat it for the rest of the week.

I've seen these potatoes around before but never tried them. I baked them with some olive oil, garlic, and kosher salt. I got the potatoes at the West Side Market which I went to this past Saturday. I really need to keep going there and trying new things. This was only my second time to the market and I didn't go with a plan of what to buy so I was pretty overwhelmed. I only ended up buying some sourdough bread, kosher salt, and the potatoes. Next time I will buy more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

The veal, pork, and beef thing seems to be a "family thing" as mine did the pork and beef but no veal version.

But I hate meatloaf so could never stand it.

I never understood the whole "bakec ground beef lump" and just prefer a good old hamburger instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home