Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Orange Creamsicle Kick (a drink for grown-ups only)

To begin, let me apologize for the lack of a picture. I thought that since this is just an orange liquid in a glass, a picture really wouldn't be necessary.

Not too long ago I was introduced to the combination of Red Bull and Vodka. It takes some getting used to, but after a few sips I found it to be rather good. I've thought about making myself one here at the house, but the only Vodka I have on hand is vanilla flavored and I haven't found much to go with it.

So, this past Sunday while I was looking around at Target I ran across some Jone's Soda Orange Energy drink. It appeared to be very similar to Red Bull but flavored orange. And that is when the light-bulb clicked on in my head and the Orange Creamsicle Kick was created.

Later that evening I mixed my Vanilla Vodka together with the Orange Energy drink and enjoyed. The vanilla vodka is somewhat smooth on its own and mixed with the orange it became even smoother. I didn't make the drink all that strong and I could barely taste the alcohol since the orange and vanilla went so well together.

Since it came out tasting so good, I think I will need to go back to Target and pick up some more of the energy drink. If you try this, please comment to let me know what you think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home