Monday, January 09, 2006

Herbed Brie en Croute and Sausage Bites

I was invited to a dinner party this past weekend and was asked to bring an appetizer or a dessert. After having a Brie en Croute over the holidays I wanted to try to make one on my own and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do so. Since the package of puff pastry contains two sheets and only one was needed for the brie I looked around and found a recipe for the Sausage Bites.

The Brie en Croute that I had at Christmas was done in a way to make it more sweet. It was cooked with walnuts and cinnamon and I think some sugar. For the one I made I decided to go more savory. I found this recipe on the Campbell's website which included parsley and almonds. I changed it slightly by using an herbed brie (since the grocery store was out of plain). It came out really well and wasn't hard to put together. My only problem was that the flavor of the parsley didn't blend that well with the rest of the ingredients. When I make this again I will substitute something else for the parsley.

And then since I had the extra puff pastry, I hunted around until I found this recipe for the Sausage Bites. Since the only ingredients were puffed pastry and sausage I decided to give it a try. These were really simple although a little messy. Everyone was a little hesitant to try these until they found out that the center was Bob Evan's breakfast sausage. After that they went rather quickly.

I was very happy with how both of these turned out even with the parsley issue. The only change I would make in the future is to not use parsley. There is a good chance that I will make these again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger naladahc said...

This is something I would definitely eat.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI JEREMIAH, MY NAME IS MARCIA AND I KNOW ROB,I WAS LOOKING AT YOUR COOKING AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD, I'M SURE ROB IS OVER ALL THE TIME SINCE HE DOESN'T LIKE TO COOK, LOL I'M GOING TO FINISH LOOKING, MARCIA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home