Friday, December 16, 2005

And it became Fruitcake Biscotti...

The original plan was to make fruit cake cookies. I didn't have a recipe for fruit cake cookies and my plan was use a basic cookie base and add some fruit and nuts to it. The results are shown on the left side of the above image. Once the cookies were deemed a failure, I attempted to salvage the leftover dough and make biscotti. This almost worked, but then I overbaked the biscotti. The general comments from the people who have ate the biscotti say that the flavor is really good but they are way too dry.

I'm not too happy about how this turned out and I questioned if I should post it or not. In the end I think its important to admit your mistakes and learn from them. I'm not giving up the fruit cake cookie and will try again. Or maybe I will just try to perfect the fruit cake biscotti instead.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jeremiah Scott said...

I left the container in the breakroom and everything is gone now. I've had a few people tell me that they really liked them. I guess they are not as bad as I thought they were. I still think that if they were not as dry they would be better.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger naladahc said...

At leat you were able to salvage the general concept.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home