Monday, November 28, 2005

Pumpkin Pie Bars


I know that I said that I was not going to be making pumpkin stuff for a while but the Thanksgiving holiday inspired me to give this recipe a try. It came from the most recent Kraft Food and Family Magazine. The recipe is here. I think that there might be an error in the recipe however. If you only bake it for the required 25 minutes the inner portions of the pan do not get cooked. A baking time of 45 minutes is more appropriate.

I will also admit to making a mistake in my bars. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar (1/4 goes in the top and bottom mixture and 1/2 goes in the middle). I didn't read far enough ahead and put all 3/4 in the top and bottom mixture. To make up for this I only put a 1/4 cup of sugar in the middle. Other than being a little on the sweet side I do not think that it caused any real trouble.

It wasn't a hard recipe to follow and it didn't use any pre-made ingredients (which is often the case with this magazine). With baking time included it took about an hour and a half from start to finish which isn't too bad. I think if I would make this again I would make the bottom a little thinner and add that to the top. I think that would make a more even bar.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home