Sunday, November 13, 2005

Peppermint-Dreams Cake

Holiday cooking has begun. I recently got the newest issue of Kraft Food and Family Magazine and a cake very similar to this one was on the cover. I was inspired to give it a try.

If you've read my other cake posts you will know that I like to make cakes that use a box mix to start. This is another of those. To "doctor up" this one, pudding, sour cream, chocolate, and peppermint candy is added. The icing is cool whip.

If I hadn't been in a hurry, you would have seen that the cake was actually cut into 4 layers and cool whip was in between each. In my haste, I did not let the cakes fully cool before I put in the filling and it melted into the cakes (not that it was a bad thing in the end, but it would have looked much more impressive with all 4 layers showing).

The cake is one of the tastiest chocolate cakes I've had in a long time. Its super chocolately and really really moist. I'm not the happiest with the cool whip icing so I would suggest using real icing instead. And possibly doing a peppermint cream in between the layers since the mint flavor was a little too subtle for my tastes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need people to send me recipes ASAP for my book. Further details below:

http://www.domeafavorbuddy.com/beta/favorfull.asp?id=112&catid=5

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cake looks wonderful!... thank you sharing your finds and creations. Your site will definatly be a book mark.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home